AlertNet Climate, a news website of the Thomson Reuters Foundation and COMplus, the sustainable development communications alliance, takes a daily front-line look at the development and humanitarian impacts of climate change.
The website, funded by COMplus and produced by dozens of correspondents around the globe, focuses on the key climate change issues: climate adaptation, low-carbon development, disaster risk reduction, food security, health issues, efforts to reduce deforestation, human migration, security and conflict concerns, water, climate finance, and legal, justice and ethics issues.
Designed as a resource for policy makers, journalists, aid agency workers, businesspeople and students, it includes print and multimedia contributions from Com+ members including:
- Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR)
- Global Environmental Facility (GEF)
- GlobeScan Inc.
- International Federation of Environmental Journalists (IFEJ)
- Inter Press Service (IPS)
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- Television for the Environment (TVE)
- United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP)
- World Bank
AlertNet Climate can be followed:
On the website: www.alertnet.org/climate
On Twitter: @alertnetclimate
On Facebook: alertnet